How to make rice packs (bags) for hot or cold use. A great beginner project!
How long — and how often — does ice need to be applied to sprains and strains? Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Greg Mathien explains. For more health tips visit www.drbobshow.com.
It’s the final day of our Series and we’re stiching up a quick and easy Rice Bag to use as Cold or Hot therapy. Throw in the freezer or heat in the microwave. This versatile little pad will help with all your little aches or just use to keep those cold tootsies or hands warm! Happy Holidays Eva
Make a super quick and easy heating pad…. using a sock, and some uncooked rice!!! Spice it up with some Rosemary!
Here is a video review and small article review step by step How to make a rice heating pad and much more.
Make a heating pad with rice and a sock
- Microwave for 20 seconds to minute max be very careful especially with kids it can get deceptively hot!!
- How to make a rice sock (heat pack)
- In 1 minute flat
- You’ll need
- 2 x elastic bands
- 1 x long tube sock
- 1 x lovely fluffy sock
- 1 x party hat
- Yes, a party hat!
- Cut the end off your party hat to make a funnel
- Pour rice into funnel to fill sock
- Tie a knot firmly to seal the sock
- Twist 2 elastic bands below knot to prevent rice escaping
- Cut excess sock from end
- Place soft lovely sock over the top as a washable cover
- Rice socks for use in pregnancy and labor
Benefit of rice heating pad therapy
Here is the benefit of heat therapy, decrease muscle spasms, reduces inflammation, increase blood flow to the area which promotes healing, reduce pain, back pain, neck pain, ect, for more about this topic you can visit Wikipedia Heat therapy and benefit much more.